The Lord of the Rings

I wish I could experience watching The Lord of the Rings for the first time again because they are my favorite movies and I would love to experience the wonder of watching them for the first time again. I think they are the best film adaptations of a book series, they keep most of the material from the books and are well executed.
 My top 3 moments from The Fellowship of the Ring:
1. Boromir attempts to steal the ring from Frodo. It is the second time someone has tried to take the ring from Frodo and unlike Bilbo in Rivendell it has consequences. Frodo decides to split from the rest of the fellowship because he is afraid of what the others might do to him if the ring corrupted them.
2. Scary Bilbo/Galadriel. I remember being really scared when I first saw the scene where Bilbo sees the ring in Rivendell and gets his monster face, and also when Frodo offers the ring to Galadriel and she has her dark queen speech. The scenes are amazing and they show what the ring can do to the kindest of people.
3. The introduction - Bilbo's party. I just like this segment. It's nice and peaceful. It also has some good quotes.
My top 3 moments from The Two Towers:
1. When Sam saves Frodo from the Nazgul. It's the first big moment we see of Sam being a hero. You see a little bit of Sam's heroics and it is made very apparent that Frodo is starting to give up. It's also a focused moment in the middle of a giant battle that brings the viewer back to the ring.
2. Helm's Deep. The build up to it is done perfectly and the spectacle of the whole thing is incredible.
3. Gandalf the White. This one is just because I remember being really happy when Gandalf wasn't dead the first time I watched the movies, which I did before I read the books, so it was a surprise. Also, so much cool stuff happens because Gandalf is back.
My top 3 moments from The Return of the King:
1. Gollum bites off Frodo's finger as he puts on the ring. It's the perfect way to end the journey; it wouldn't be believable for Frodo to resist the ring once he got to the center of Mount Doom seeing as he was barely able to stand and Sam carried him up the mountain. It's also a good end for Gollum, his life revolved around the ring and it completely destroyed him. It seemed fitting for him to destroy the ring as his last act, even though it wasn't intentional.
2. The beacons of Gondor are lit. Denethor's refusal to ask for assistance makes Frodo's task seem even more important because the human kingdoms are divided and stand no chance against the armies of Mordor. But then Merry lights the Beacon and Rohan shows up and saves Gondor in the second best battle of the trilogy. The battle is made by the witch king and how amazing his costume is. In an interview the prop designer said the witch king's mace big that someone had to lift it into the shot while lying on their back.
3. The armies of man at the black gate. It isn't as spectacular of a battle, but it is the closest the fellowship comes to reuniting before the ring is destroyed, and it is the last time they all work together, even though everyone except for Sam and Frodo are just distractions to draw all of the orcs out of Mordor.

Comments

  1. I've never seen the LOTR so all of this was a bunch of random, made-up words. I did read/watch the hobit and that was cool. From what I remember of the Hobbit, the book had cool maps. It's kind of crazy how the series is about a piece of jewelry. Also if they didn't want to anyone to have the ring they should have just cut off their fingers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I saw Lord of the Rings, I don't remember anything on this list except Gandalf the White. I saw the movies a long time ago and I was obsessed with them. I forgot all about them until I read this. I should rewatch them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts