Oreo

The summer of 2018 ~20 members of our family rented a house on Table Rock Lake in Missouri. It was a part of a rental house resort place, and the landlord was a very interesting man named Kenny. Or shirtless Kenny as we called him, because the only time we saw him with a shirt on was during a huge thunderstorm. The house wasn't meant to sleep as many people as we had, so I ended up on a couch. My cousin brought her dog, Oreo, a little mutt that will eat anything she can find.
We spent most of our time playing board games and card games like we do every time our family gets together. We also went hiking with Oreo and spent a decent amount of time in the lake. I'm not a fan of swimming, so I stayed in the house and played cards with other people who weren't in the lake. The hiking trail was mostly dead trees and rocks, with a couple of birds and deer here and there.
Oreo also came with my cousins and I when we went to play tennis and she would stand in the middle of the two courts we were using and watch the ball go back and forth. We threw a ball for her a couple of times and she would always catch up to it before it reached the fence. After we got tired we went back to the house and played a card game where you build a city and try to make as much money as you can, or something I don't remember it very well. But during the game Oreo was asleep in my lap.
The third or fourth day we were there Oreo started to bark at a cabinet, and after a couple of minutes we figured out that she was barking at a stuffed raccoon on top of the cabinet. The logical course of action was obviously to take the raccoon down and put it somewhere she couldn't see it. So I took the raccoon down, chased her with it for ten or twenty minutes, and then hid it. After that she started chasing me around not aggressively, just when she wanted to play. By the end of the trip we were getting along better than ever before.
She doesn't have a great memory though, so the next time I saw her she had almost completely forgotten who I was and if she liked me, but it was nice while it lasted.

Comments

Popular Posts